Tuesday 22 January 2008

Jeff Koinange: ...Hillary YES - Obama NO

As I mentioned before, Jeff accompanied Barrack Obama in Kenya.

On August 28, 2006, he wrote:

Marianne,

..... OBAMA-MANIA has been UNBELIEVABLE ....

And since I spoke to you, I'm now looking at KENYA with different light .... you have 'opened' my eyes in many ways .... and for that I shall forever be GRATEFUL !!!!!!!!!!

And seeing OBAMA looking so PRESIDENTIAL and so dignified (and 'untainted') makes me really think about what I told you the other day .... that one day I WANT TO BE PRESIDENT of this country .....

To be HONEST, I've wanted nothing else since I was a small boy growing up ....

I just didn't know how I would ever achieve it .... CNN has been an AMAZING journey of discovery for me ..... I get to 'brush shoulders' with the very BEST and the very WORST ..... and I get a FRONT ROW seat to HISTORY .....

And every day I feel I want to change things .... that I can change things ..... and one day, GOD willing, I will .....

Chatting to you makes me feel all this was meant to be .....

Stay well ..... and let's keep chatting.


Always,
Jeff

------------

The following day he called and we discussed Barrak Obama's chances to become the next US-President.

As a follow-up, Jeff then wrote:


Here is my reply:

Hillary: YES !!!!!!!

Obama: NO !!!!!!! Too early - America is not ready yet for a Black President !!!!!!!!!

----------

.... to be continued .....

No comments: