Saturday 26 January 2008

Jeff Koinange's opinion about my book

After having read the first chapters of my book, Jeff wrote:

Marianne,

All I can say is WOW !!!!!!!!!!! I'm already HOOKED and would LOVE to get a hold of a copy ..... I don't know if it's available in Johannesburg (which is where I'm based right now).

You're a BRAVE woman, my dear ..... and what you're doing is GUTSY and very COMMENDABLE .....

I remember reading your testimony in the Kenyan papers when you were in Nairobi .... and I also remember hearing a lot of rumours about you .... that you were 'Mzee's Mistress' ?????? And lots more .....

I would be interested to hear what they would have to say about THIS !!!!!!

I think, this is a VERY important book about a very DARK period in our HISTORY .... THANK YOY for doing this.

I'll LOVE to do something with this .... I'll have a chat with the folks at CNN's magazine programme, INSIDE AFRICA .... they may require you appear in one of our studios (London, Paris, New York, Atlanta) and do an interview and 'defend' your book .... I think that would be GREAT .... and if you have a 'spare' copy and don't mind sending it (signed of course) I'd greatly appreciate it.

My address is:

Jeff Koinange
CNN Africa Correspondent
25 Owl Street, 15th Floor
Auckland Park
Johannesburg 2092 - South Africa
Tel.: (27) 11 - 726 4251

Bests,
Jeff

And then he added:

You are ONE BRAVE WOMAN ..... NO Kenyan has come close to doing what you're doing and for that you are to be COMMENDED !!!!!!!!

I don't need to tell you this, but you should be PROUD of what you're doing .....

I strongly believe the TRUTH must be told no matter how painful ..... and no matter how long it takes .......

------------------

So I am challenging you, Jeff, try to apply this last sentence also to us - to 'our' story and especially to London. Don't continue telling the 'world' that nothing has happened ..... we both know the truth - and as you rightly said 'the truth has to be told no matter how painful......'

------------

to be continued

No comments: