Sunday 20 January 2008

Jeff Koinange: More about OPRAH WINFREY ....

After having called again from Nairobi, Jeff sent me an article he had just written about OPRAH WINFREY's new school in South Africa.

I am herewith sharing this with you. It's titled:

OPRAH's school: Pandemonium and shouts of 'Viva' ! ---------

"Hi, Jeff," she said. "Glad you could make it. By the way, I watch you all the time."

These were the first words Oprah uttered to me as I held out my hand to greet her stepping off her van, accompanied by her ever-efficient staff.

I was floored. 'Oprah knows who I am ?', I asked myself. And I had this whole introduction thing planned out.

What a woman, disarming as ever, and ever the woman in charge. I liked her from the start, even more than I did watching her all these years on television.

We were in Soweto - a sprawling slum in Johannesburg - which actually stands for South West Township. Oprah seemed as comfortable here as she would be in a five-star hotel.

She walked right into the home of a couple of prospective students who had applied for entry into her exclusive Leadership Academy and had impressed her to the point she wanted to see where they lived and what their lives were like.

As you can imagine, the two girls, cousins actually, were instant celebretries. "Oprah's come to our house", they kept saying. "Our friends will never believe us."

Their friends didn't need much convincing. Word in the townships spreads fast. Even before Oprah had taken a tour of the two-room, seven-persons shack, women were outside ululating the famous freedom line of the 1980s - but with a new twist.

"Viva, Oprah Winfrey, Viva," one woman yelled, followed by the chorus line "Viva" from the rest of the growing crowd.

"You've spent $40 million on the school so far," I began.

"40 million and counting," she interrupted. "I think I'll stop at $ 50 million. You can build a good school for $ 50 million."

Fifty-million dollars anywhere in the world is a lot of money. In South Africa, it's an almost unheard-of amount, especially if it's being spent by one person for the benefit of others.

"The money means nothing to me," Oprah continued. "When I look at these girls, I see me. That's why I want to give them everything I didn't have growing up. These are the leaders of tomorrow's Africa."

The Leadership Academy, set on more than 50 acres of land just outside Johannesburg, is a sight to behold. From the classrooms, to the dormitories, to the dining room, to the library, complete with fireplace, to a 600-seat auditorium, where Oprah will be checking up on her girls by video-conferencing - everything has been made to the highest standards.

"I want this school to be a reflection of me," she says. "I made a promise to Madiba and I intend to keep it."

Madiba is the clan name given to former South African President Nelson Mandela. Back in 2002, Oprah asked Mandela what he wanted from her as a gift to the nation. He simply said, "Build me a school."

And she did. School begins January 2, 2007.

It's Sunday afternoon and Oprah leaves for Chicago in a few hours. She's invited all 150 girls that have "made the grade" and will be attending her academy.

The only thing is: She hasn't told them they have been accepted. She's invited them to an informal get'together. None of the girls suspects Oprah's up to her old tricks.

She springs the surprise.

"I called you all here today to let you know that you all be part of the first class of the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy," she said.

And then - PANDEMONIUM !

The girls scream and shout and jump for joy for a good 15 minutes. Their parents, too, are screaming and shouting. Everyon's crying. Oprah's crying. I'm crying. It's an unbelievable scene.

Then Oprah opens up in a way that surprises even her best friend, Gayle King, who was present and is part of the academy.

"Some people ask me why I never had children," Oprah says, adding, "Maybe this is the reason. So I can help bring up other people's children, your children. I want you to trust me to bring up your children and I promise I'll never let you down."

This time there's not a dry eye in the room. I'm bawling by now and wiping away tears on my sleeve, "You're such a crybaby," Graham, my cameraman, says, "I can't help it, is all I can offer.

"What you did back there was simply amazing," I tell Oprah afterward. "You'd have done the same thing, Jeff. Remember, I've seen your stories on CNN," she answers.

I'm fighting back tears again, "Hey, give me a hug," she says. "Today is a good day, and I feel my life has come full circle."

----------------------

I think, there is nothing to add. Here you see a grown-up man with the soft heart of a small boy - and a strong, much older woman - something Jeff Koinange always preferred and admired ........... as you will see from our following correspondence - also about Oprah Winfrey when the two meet again at the end of 2006, after which he admits to have fallen in love with her - and surprisingly also Oprah with him .....

Be patient, I will publish also this written and expressed in his own words.

But before, I will continue with our 'normal' correspondence which will give you already a good impression of his state of mind .......

You will get to know a man driven by reaching fame 'no matter how' ..... a man driven by his sexual unsatisfied appetite ....... in one word: you will see a man who in reality always stayed being a small child graving for the attention and love of a mother - a mother he is looking and searching for in each woman he meets.

This explains also the fact that not only did he get married already as a young man to a woman 20 years older than himself, but continued being attracted to older women like OPRAH WINFREY .... and myself all his life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And even at the moment he follows his old 'pattern':

His 'boss' at the Kenyan Television Channel K24 is Rose Kimotho - a woman known to be the lover a.o. of people like the Kenyan Police Commissioner Ali, a man responsible for all the killings taking place at the moment in Kenya ...........

Rumours going around in Nairobi say that Jeff got the job after having proved his 'sexual capabilities' to Rose Kimotho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

to be continued


No comments: