Sunday 3 February 2008

Khartoum - The craziness continues

I must admit, I had started to enjoy Jeff's letters. He was a very intelligent man with a thorough grasp of many issues.

So picking his mind became almost an obsession. When I got back home, I went to my study and turned on the computer. Had Jeff written? - Yes, he had:

Hey there BEAUTIFUL ...... landed a short while ago and wanted to check in with you before getting some rest .....

You will NEVER be a PASSING CLOUD to me .... only ONE MAN holds that title ..... and it NEVER really happened that way in the end anyway !!!!!!!!!

Sleep well, my SWEET.

JK
----------------------

And later the same day he added:

It's been another loooooooooooooooooooong day ...... getting our journalist accreditation as well as travel permits to be able to go to DARFUR ..... so much bureaucracy here !!!!!!!!!!! They really are 'scared' of journalists ..... but hopefully we'll be ok and plan to 'fly out' by the weekend ..... and then begin broadcasting by Monday night (5 am our time ..... 10 pm Atlanta ....). The stories will then hopefully be replayed all day the next day and the same thing all week .....

Anderon Cooper in Congo, Dr. Sanjay Gupta in Chad and yours truly in Sudan ...... and guess what, all three of us were involved in the EMMY award the other day ..... what a team !!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I again 'felt' something late last night ...... I didn't want to think of it too much but it kept coming back ........

You and I are 'LINKED' .... whether we like it or not !!!!!!!!!

Missing you like CRAZY ...... and YES, please write me ANY and EVERY time you can ..... even if I don't get to reply as often as I'd want to.

Kisses all over your BODY !!!!!!!!!!!

JK
------------------------

To complete the picture, he then sent me later the text of an article which he had done for the Anderson-Cooper-Blog-360 - which is good read indeed - so I am including it here:

Mission Darfur, job one: part the red tape .........

We almost failed to make our flight out of Johannesburg, on our way to Darfur as '360' focuses next week on the humanitarian crisis in Africa.

The booking was fine for the first sector to Nairobi, Kenya, but it was the continuing sector to Sudan that was 'choc-a-bloc'. We did the only thing journalists do in that kind of situation, we begged and begged and begged the airline officials like our lives depended on this 'mission'. They must have seen our sincerity (or is it desperation?) that finally they checked us all the way, complete with 18 pieces of baggage, digital new gathering gear, laptops, satellite phones, bottles of water, clothes, everything we would need for about a week in what's been described as THE world's worst humanitarian crisis.

Both sectors of the flight were uneventful and we finally landed in Sudan later that night. Clearing immigration proved easier than expected and our luggage made it, believe it or not. We were ecstatic as we wheeled our FIVE carts towards the customs officials and the first of what was going to be a lesson in patience and tolerance.

We showed our paperwork to one of the officials who barely glanced at it before handling it over to his colleague and on it went until the fifth customs officer took a quick look and yelled something back in Arabic to our fixer who'd met us at the airport. "He has to call his superior," Akram told us. "OK", we replied. Five minutes, ten, twenty, half-an-hour. "What's the delay?" we asked. "It's Ramadan," was the answer, "the fasting just ended for the day and no'one's available." This was understandable given the timing of the flight and the Muslim Holy month. "How long do we have to wait?" we asked, "He'll soon come," the official responded.

Two hours later, we'd finally gotten the necessary paperwork sorted we were walking out of the now deserted airport, humbled but happy to have all our gear with us. We eventually got to the hotel, checked-in and crashed for the night.

The next morning, we were up early. Copies of passports were made, photographs taken, ID at the ready. First we had to register with the authorities, let them know we're in town. Then to the Ministry of External Affairs to get accredited and receive permission to film, then to the Internal Ministry to get permission to fly to Darfur, then to the police to make sure they know we can film in the streets of the capital.

In a word, Sudan is a bureaucrat's dream - paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork.

Two days later, we have just about everything in hand, except the all-important permission to fly to Darfur. That's been promised by Saturday and we plan to be 'wheels-up' Sunday to a place called El Fasher in Northern Darfur, a region as large as Texas or France. From there it's a helicopter ride to a camp that was the recent scene of bloody clashes. Fingers crossed until we actually set foot in one of the world's most wretched locations.

Before going to sleep that evening, he called just to say 'good night' - he obviously was very exhausted and tired.

His voice was very soft, almost vulnerable and somehow he sounded very sad and lonely .......

I thought about this when I woke up the following morning and then decided to write:

.... when you read this, it will be already morning. I hope, you slept well.

You should know that these early morning hours with the light just cropping in have always been my 'special' hours when I liked to make love most.

Sp, please, kepp your eyes closed for a while longer, just feel my hands and my mouth on you - let me carry you away and make you happy.

And then take this feeling through the following day until the next morning when during the hours of dawn I will be with you again .... making love to you in your dream - until you tell me to stop ......

Are you smiling now ??????????

Marianne
------------------------

And Jeff's answer - also still very early in the morning:

.... not only am I smiling, I'm as 'STIFF AS A POLE' right now and will have to quickly take a cold shower to 'cool things off' !!!!!!!!!!

My GOODNESS, Marianne, I'm really IMPRESSED ..... I can't wait for ALL THIS to happen .... for us to be in each other's arms, lips locked together, hands exploting each other, finding those places we both long to be .... in a word, I can't wait to be INSIDE YOU .... first with my tongue ..... and then ......

I am glad, I helped awaken the 'Tiger' in you ..... somehow, like you said, you were waiting for the right man to come along ..... and I'm honored to not only come along, but CUM and CUM and CUM !!!!!!!!

And like you, I LOVE early morning LOVE-MAKING ..... Goodness, I'd better stop or I'm going to go CRAZY just thinking of that .........

We're still waiting for our Darfur permission ....... hopefully we'll get it later today or tomorrow ...... we also might get an interview with the President here ..... but that's a BIG maybe .......

In the meantime, stay ready for the time of your life (which is very arrogant of me knowing who you've been with in the past) .........

I may be arrogant ......... but GOODNESS, am I CONFIDENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK
----------------------

When I read his mail, I had to smile - and then I wrote:

.... I am glad, I did excite you ...... I am proud I did ...... I only hope, you are not driving or in a meeting - otherwise I am afraid, you will either crash or blush now .......

I know, you will be a good lover - would I have 'chosen' you otherwise ??????????? Or did you 'chose me' ???????????

Marianne
------------------------

And Jeff's immediate answer:

No, I wasn't driving or in an interview ...... I'm getting ready for an interview we have in two hours with Jan Pronk, the United Nation's top man in Sudan ....

In the meantime, I'm smiling and smiling ....... and getting HARDER and HARDER and HARDER again thinking of what we're GOING to do with each other .........

JK

-----------------------

------- to be continued --------------

No comments: